A Salesforce business analyst world is multidimensional since they are jack-of all-trades. As a result, they have different responsibilities as they act as a representative, bridge, and mediator between the end-user and various departments to an efficient implementation of technical solutions by bringing the business needs together with IT resources. It means their task is to bring businesses and clients together through real-time insights and updates. The duties of a business analyst are regularly shifting and developing since companies rely more on data to advise on business operations.
This article will take you on a journey of the daily life of a Salesforce business analyst and what tasks they execute on an ordinary working day.
- The top responsibility of a Salesforce business analyst is to have knowledge of the whole business and how it operates. In return, he/she can draft specifications in designing of Salesforce project.
- You start your day by conducting discovery meetings for stakeholders from various departments and presentations to ensure that the scope of your current project meets their needs.
- Gathering crucial feedback collected from the several stakeholder meetings and compiling to generate reports and dashboards concerning the requirements of every user profile.
- Once all the start of information is combined, the analysis process commences. Perform a quality check on the collected data and create use cases for every single part of the request. The reason for doing this is to discover any loopholes or allow non-technical users to be able to read and adjust requirements where necessary.
- The report aid in creating data flow diagrams to assist the team know the current project and the outlook of the final process.
- Create visual charts and technical streamgraphs to portray a better framework of understanding of complex concepts to non-technical users.
- Performing prioritizing initiative centered on business requirements.
- Monitoring of deliverables by making sure of the timely delivery of projects.
- Creation of training materials used by a business analyst for in-house training sessions, leadership, and guidance with workmates using Salesforce technology in the company.
- Identifying some crucial data points that the sales team should be tracking calls for documentation of actionable reference for leadership to review. The call ensures that everyone is on the same page and working towards a common goal.
- Time to close up the daily activities by reviewing the daily reports sales orders, leads, and other significant information recorded. Ensure that everything meets company policy and record any arising issues.
You will find that every company has different hitches that a Salesforce business analyst can help solve. Whether it’s evolving technologies, obsolete legacy systems, damaged processes or poor customer satisfaction; it is the work of the analyst to keep up to date new systems and products that help companies improve their competence. In a nutshell, the task of a business analyst is to define needs and project scope, design, implement, and test solutions to ensure that it is maintained.