Salesforce products and services are operated in a wide range of businesses today. Companies want to stay on top by achieving customer satisfaction with the latest technology that boosts their sales, services, community, marketing, analytics, applications, and the internet of things (IoT). Salesforce certifications are qualifications that are industry recognized that prove to clients or employers that you got what it takes to do the job, although not mandatory.
Salesforce is releasing an array of certifications more than ever. There are more than 30 certifications to undertake reliant on your preferred role. There exist six (6) job roles with different certifications that fall under them that we are going to look at below;
- Certified Administrator: This is the baseline and entry-level for an admin. 6-12 months of Salesforce experience. No prerequisites required to take this examination.
- Advanced Administrator: The next step to jump into for experienced admins. 1 to 2 years’ Salesforce experience.
SALESFORCE APP BUILDERS
- Platform App Builder: Entry level with 3 to 6 months of practice. No prerequisites required.
- Community Cloud Consultant: Mid-level experience, with 2 to 5 years. Administrator prerequisite.
- Field Service Lightning Consultant: 2 to 5 years’ experience with Administrator and Service Cloud Consultant qualification.
- Marketing Cloud Consultant: 1-year experience, senior-level with marketing Cloud Email Specialist essential.
- Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant: Mid-level position with 1+ year’s experience. No prerequisite required.
- Education Cloud Consultant: 3 years’ experience with Administrator qualification.
- Pardot Consultant: Pardot specialist with 1+ years’ experience.
- Nonprofit Cloud Consultant: A mid-level position with 2 to 5 years’ experience. Administrator prerequisite.
- Sales Cloud Consultant: Mid-level position with 2 to 5 years’ skills. Administrator qualification required.
- Service Cloud Consultant: A consultant certification with 2 to 5 years of practice with the Administrator requirement.
- Commerce Cloud Digital: 5+ experience e-commerce experience with B2C Commerce Developer prerequisite.
- Platform Developer I: An entry-level position with 3 to 6 months skills.
- Platform Developer II: Mid-level, 2 to 4 years with Platform Developer I qualifications.
- System Architect: Senior level with 5+ year’s knowledge. Platform Developer I, development Lifecycle, Integration Architecture Designer qualifications.
- Technical Architect: Also known as Pinnacle certification. Senior-level with 8+ years of practice. System Architect requirement.
- Heroku Architecture Designer: 2 years’ experience with no prerequisite.
- Data Architecture and Management Designer: Senior level with 5+ years’ of practice. 2 to 3 years Salesforce experience.
- Application Architect: Senior level with 5+ years. Platform Developer I, App Builder, Sharing and Visibility Designer, Data Architecture prerequisites.
- CPQ Specialist: Mid-level with 6 to 12 months of Salesforce experience. No prerequisites.
- Pardot Specialist: Day-to-day Pardot mastery. Entry-level with 3 to 6 months experience. No prerequisite.
- Marketing Cloud Email Specialist: Mid-level entry with experience of 6 to 12 months. No qualifications required.
Salesforce certification is useful if you are out looking for a Salesforce role either with a partner or customer. The write up above has highlighted the different certifications available, though not exhaustible. You can have more than one certification, which is an advantage as it ranks higher in your expertise and salary. The certifications can be taken online or in a classroom, whichever option best suits you.