Salesforce Marketing Cloud simplifies the manual work put on marketing methods and customer engagement by reducing the amount of time required and allowing the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform to execute the process for you. In return, the business analyst role for the company is to ensure that less time is spent on marketing project processes hence more time capitalized on developing marketing campaigns. The platform creates projects focused on customer journeys that are data-driven and personalized distributed on multiple channels. It addresses the customer individually using the right message and tone.
The set of tools used in Marketing Cloud to cover marketing needs include Journey Builder, Salesforce DMP, Email Studio, Social Studio, Automation Studio, Advertising Studio, Interaction Studio, and Mobile Studio. The core focus of a business analyst in the Marketing Cloud project is to design, develop, and offer continuing customer applications and objects support within Salesforce.com. Also, emphasizing Salesforce Marketing applications.
Role/Responsibilities of a Business Analyst in Salesforce Marketing Cloud Project
- Understanding the business marketing data models and offer the best implementation by use of Salesforce.com solution to come up with the most effective campaigns.
- Facilitate marketing requirements gathering meetings with clients for Salesforce Marketing Cloud projects.
- Displaying and analyzing requirements and solution concepts through business and stakeholder meetings. Thus, manage customer expectations by delivering both internal and external workshops.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create and build new campaign projects.
- Developing a solution detailed design and execute configuration specification.
- An analyst uses their expertise to generate proposals for costs and statements of the marketing projects.
- Give guidance to clients on the best practices to incorporate the marketing cloud.
- Guide businesses on the best implementation of the security model, workflow, mobile deployment strategies, data authentication, and analytics.
- Perform configuration and management of email campaigns.
- Building reports or/and assist the marketing team on the data demonstrating campaign Return on Investment (ROI).
- Provide the best implementation of specialized processes like Lead Management, Campaign Management, and Lead mapping for Lead conversion.
- Implementing the marketing processes analyses like market share, sales, financial, and expense.
- To act as a link between customer and business by managing the relationship to achieve project goals.
- Act as a contact person for the Marketing Cloud project questions that are technical.
- Staying up to date with the newest technology by acquiring new tools to be used appropriately.
- Anticipate any arising issues and risks and attend to them applicably.
- Perform ongoing maintenance of the existing marketing campaign project in the Marketing Cloud.
- Testing the Marketing Cloud project before presenting it to the client and configuration of any changes.
The Marketing Cloud platform enhances communication in Salesforce since it’s connected to salesforce.com Service Cloud and Sales Cloud. The advantage of the integration is that it supports coordination and assists the business analyst to design one marketing message across multiple platforms all at once. As a result, communication time is saved instead of having to communicate to customers separately on each platform. We can then say that it’s time and cost-effective.